Wednesday, September 8, 2010

More '90s Retro than All Y'all

Oh man.....

So yesterday, while, um, multitasking, I managed to DROP my beloved iPhone into the toilet at work. (Luckily my business was unfinished.)

Those last moments felt like they were in slow motion, accompanied by this song.

Panic washed over me like a high school bathroom swirlie. I reached into the toilet void and fished it out to watch the lovely screen, with a picture I had taken from a camping trip earlier this year, sputter and fade out before giving a few dying coughs before fading to black.

So until my phone-in-a-bag-of-rice trick proves to work, or until I am forced to get a new phone, I am experimenting--no, that would assume I chose to do this--I am experiencing a simpler, less mediated lifestyle.

And you know what? I need it.

I'm excited to be able to be a wandering flaneur around the NYC streets, the way it was when I would visit as a teenager.

In retrospect, watching that picture of a canopy of trees sputter into darkness seems riddled with meaning.

I'll report on my findings later this week.

1 comment: